Friday, November 16, 2007

Game 1 goes to......

The 1st game of our season was last night. As usual I was off on my 1st game. Bounces were not going right, I was not skating as well as I could've, and I had become cocky....yet again. So anyways at the end of the 1st period we were up 1-0 after a somewhat early goal. Our goalie kept us in it the entire game. With about 2 minutes to go down 3-2 after a pep talk from my dad I decided we should try to get a scoring run going. So right off of the face of I tipped it ahead to another player on our team and from there he did the rest getting me my 1st point of the season tying it 3-3 at the end of the 2nd. Right off the bat in the 3rd period they scored to give themselves the 4-3 lead. Less then a minute later we tied it back up 4-4 then got the lead on the next shift 5-4. So I was sitting there with 5 minutes to go in the game thinking, "What am I doing, I don't have a goal yet." In my opinon not getting a goal in a high scoring game is one of the most frusturating feelings in the world. So I skated around 4 of their players and popped it over the goalies shoulder to give us the 6-4 lead. So with 15 seconds left one of our players who only had one goal in his career before that put in his second one to give us the 7-4 win. So after one game we are
w-l
1-0
The first time we have ever been undefeated.

And after one game my point totals are

1 goal and 1 assist

Im on route for another 16 point season, which is not what I want, so hopefully I can do a little better next game. Thats about it. Our next game is on Tuesday the 20th.


-AJ

No comments: