Thursday, July 10, 2008

Waking up at 5:30 and also 9:30

Recently I have not been up to too much. I need to be working on Boy Scots stuff. I'm getting very close to obtaining my Eagle Scot Rank and these things will be given to me as a "reward"

Ice Hockey

Drivers License

Job


There are more that I can't think of right now, but I really want to get it this summer, I need to look harder for an Eagle Project though. I sent a letter to the Church (VBC) for a list of Eagle Projects, but I have not received a list back yet. Maybe I will have to take my letter elsewhere.

July 4th was a lot of fun. We had a lot of the family over and we also had wayyyy too much food. Barbecues left and right, side dishes on the neighbor's lawn as well as a wedding which was catered.

That's right, there was a wedding. We had the Garden Grove Journal as well as Channel 3 news there. The two that were getting married were both in the army. Disappointingly, we now have to distinguish who is getting married in this State we are in. Just to clarify, it was a Man to a Woman. *Rolls his eyes in disgust*

As I said in my last blog post I will be moving all Hockey Posts to my new blog which has now been started. "The Village Idiots Hockey Club From the View of a Player". And yes, I do not think that the title could have been any longer. Now you will get the rest of my life instead of me filling these posts up with Hockey... See, here I go again.

We went to the Beach on Monday (7\7\08). It was better than the week before. The waves weren't anywhere nearly as choppy. The water was pretty still with swells coming every once in a while. I was able to catch about 2 good waves and I used my Boogie Board all day. I thought about Body Surfing once, but never did it, instead I Boogie Boarded the entire time. As fun as it is, I have to say that it is not a sport. Others may disagree, but I don't see a pro circuit anywhere (if there is one then please feel free to tell me).

Today is Thursday (7\10\08). I have been getting more and more involved in our new Church which is tons of fun. I woke up yesterday with a definite NO as to coming to the 6:30 A.M. Basketball game which would be today. I figured, if I can' wake up at 9:00 A.M, then how am I supposed to be able to make it to a 6:30A.M. Basketball game. Well, you'll never believe it, but I did it! Instead of waking up at my usual 9:30\10:00(which I hate doing because it feels like most of the day is gone) I was able to wake up at 5:30.

I've been trying to do Devotions in the mornings, but I never get around to it. Please don't take this section of this post as me bragging, as I dislike talking about Devotions because it can be seen as bragging, which I've been trying really hard not to do. Today I woke up at 5:30 A.M. and was able to do Devotions. I've heard\read a little bit of Job, but never actually read through the entire book, which is what I'm doing now. It's very interesting, and if you ever have a chance to read it, you should.

So we came and played basketball today. It was a lot of fun and hopefully it can get me back into Hockey condition so that way I will be able to play better this season. If I were to have rung my shirt out after playing basketball, then it would've made a puddle. Done cringing? Yeah, it was that nasty.

So that's pretty much everything between my last post and now. I have Hockey Practice tonight, which should be fun. I'm looking forward to it as I always love to play hockey. At Reality Check we talked the Church into letting us play Hockey in the Parking Lot during Coffee House. Yay! My dream that I'd be able to achieve right now is to play in a Hockey Tournament with the team I have right now, from A-P I wouldn't change anything. Enjoy your day!



-AJ

No comments: