Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Between then and now

Not too much has really been going on.........Okay, maybe some stuff. Let's take a flashback to last year when I was briefed on what Torrey would be like. Here's what the guy said, "We arent going to read 2 books a week or anything like that and we aren't going to push you off of the bus running." Sounds good for back then, right? So 1 week into the school year here is what I've had to do.

Read and take notes on the book of Genesis
Listen to 6 hours of Hermaneutics lectures
Do Writing lab quizes A, B, and C as well as assignement A
Read Mere Christianity
Write a Precis on Mere Christianity

Now I know it's school, and I know its an honors program, but they could've told us what it was going to be like instead of telling us something it's not and throwing this stuff at us.

Okay, deep breath....... Anyways, I have been able to handle all that stuff and have had perfect scores on everything so far in school.

Yesterday the Math Teacher said that Quiz days are also candy days. IMHO wait until after the class to give the kids candy.

Spanish 2 is more fun then I thought it would be. It's kind of difficult, because she talks in Spanish most of the time, but it's not called English 2 for a reason ;).

So after I got home from school it was time for the dreaded dentist appointment. Let's take another step back and look at my last 3 dentist appointments. In all 2 of the 3 Ive had 2 cavities and in the other I had 1. And the part I hate the most is when they stick that sharp thing into your cavitie. You cringe and they say " Oh Im sorry, did I hurt you?" And you try to answer by saying yehhh. Then before you can finish saying it they poke your cavitie again. Anyways, I thankfully had no cavities this time. I cant tell you how many times Ive been in a chair like that. Between braces, wisdom teeth, and Dentist appointements I wouldnt be surprised if it were more then 50.

So anyways I really needed to vent and thanks for the free therapy.

-AJ

No comments: