Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's been a while

Sorry it took me so long to update. By taking information from last post you would probably assume that we are 1 game into the championship series. But it didn't happen that way. We lost our playoff game 11-5. Now I feel as if I should lay the blame on my teammates. But if you look at the goals they scored, it wasn't their fault. Was it my fault? Partially. I had one point all game and it was one assist. Then it must have been our goalie, right? Again, partially. But I lay the most blame on their team. They scored the most goals, its as simple as that. Every time we would get momentum we would spit it back out by letting in another goal. I always see way to much balme laid at ourselves in losses like that. But what if we won that game 11-5. We would simply say that it was a hard fought game on our part and 3 of those 5 shouldn't have gone in. In the words of Darren McCarty" Why does one goal bounce of 2 players skates, bank off someone's butt hit both posts then go in?" McCarty finished off by saying"Well that's hockey." Yes it was a loss we shouldn't have had, but we also learned from that game. The bounces might go the other way next season. Anyways, onto my life. We practiced the next day (My dad, mark, and I) and we had plenty of fun. Saturday we headed down to my Aunt's house and I spent most of the day in the pool. Sunday was the girl across the street's going away party so we stayed for that after going to First Service in the morning. I had my first day of Torrey today and Ill have to admit that I liked it. I get about a 1:30 break between classes so that's what I am doing here. I weighed myself today and after being at 219.5 last week I am now down to 216.5 again! I am back on my diet and am determined to get below 210 before practices and below 200 before the season. Thanks for tuning in!

-AJ

No comments: