Friday, August 17, 2007

Days at the beach and Torrey Orientation

First off I have to say......WOW!?!?! Long day yesterday, let's see if I can remember it all. Okay, it started off with me waking up to my friend Jimmy at the door at 9:00....exactly. We hung out for a while until we left for the beach at 11:00. It was a pretty nice day at the beach. Probably the nicest waves I've ever seen at Bolsa Chica. But man were we drifting to the left fast. We were at lifeguard tower # 17 and we ended up at #15 twice. 15 is closest to the rocks some people I was with, were told to get out of the water, twice. I got a couple of nice waves with a quite a few waves that weren't anywhere nearly as good as I thought they were going to be. Yesterday was the first time ever that I had my board ripped off from my hand by a wave. One of the nice waves I caught looked like I was going to hit the bottom hard, because I was on the top of a four foot wave and it just started breaking right where I was. Anyways, onto Torrey Orientation.Kind of a long story with Torrey, I over estimated it, under estimated it, and now Im back to over estimating it again. Wow that's a lot of work in one class. It should be fun though. We arrived on campus at 6:45 caught up with my brother(for those of you that don't know, the orientation was on Biola's campus and my brother goes to Biola) for a brief moment. The orientation started at 7:00, I was expecting it to end around 7:45 or 8:00. When you get a break 1 hour in you know your in for it. So we got a 10 minute break at 8:00 (when I thought we would get out). We come back in around 8:15 and get back to "work". So they start giving us this long "tech talk" about how to use their website and stuff. We finally ended that and as soon as they did at least 20 people jumped up and left, this was around 9:00. I wasn't sure if I could last much longer. So just for my convinence they started another Microsoft powerpoit program. So we finally got out of there around 9:40 ish. Between hockey, Church, School, and more School, don't be surprised if you don't see me a whole lot. We met up with Mark to see his new dorm room, it was pretty small. We got out of his dorm around 10:15 and left the parking lot around 10:30. I got home and fell asleep on contact with my bed. That was my day and a long one at that. The best part about it is that we get to go back there again tonight for my brother's dinner orientation thing. Check in tommorow to see how that went.

Thanks for the view!

-AJ (Andrew, Andy)

No comments: